Python, Java and Robotics Instructors
We prepare kids for the science and technology careers of the 21st century through a multi-level program of weekly classes, from simple introductions to programming up to industry certification.
If you are interesting in sharing your skills and passion for Python, Java, Unity, Arduino, C++, Robotics or other technical skills, join our Tech Club meeting up, where we host regular teacher training and free and low-cost tech classes for kids where you can teach the next generation of programmers.
Since its founding in 2006, the League has become a reliable, trusted program that has changed the lives of thousands of San Diego students. As a successful, mature organization, the League has recently been recognized with the ABC 10News Leadership award, and has a Gold rating on GuideStar.
The LEAGUE Advisors Network
The League is looking for new advisory members to contribute to these areas:
- Science Fair Mentors.Work with students around the county on their computer and software science fair projects.
- Internship Program. Work with companies and nonprofits to identify projects for our advanced students.
- Outreach. Connect the League with volunteers, professional programmers, and technical companies that can aid us in our mission or help us tell our story at conferences and meetups.
- Curriculum. Review our classes and service offerings, ensure that they address customer demand, and develop new courses.
- Marketing. Help the League assess its marketing programs, focus on the most productive channels, and design marketing campaigns.
We are looking for your passion for students and STEM first, and your skill in these four areas second, so if your passion matches ours more than your skills match these four areas, let’s talk.
The League advisors meet via Zoom monthly, so out-of-town participants are encouraged.
If your experience and skills can help us expand STEM opportunities for all of San Diego’s students, please contact the League’s Board president, Eric Busboom, at email@example.com or 619-889-7571.